Friday, April 24, 2009

My Top 12 of Summer

I've seen lots of fabulous spring fragrance top 10 lists lately, which I love reading, but here in Texas let's face it: spring was sooooo two weeks ago. It's summer, really. So I thought I'd start a best of summer list, and I can't seem to stop at ten, so here's twelve. Gosh, I can't believe I haven't reviewed all of these yet. I have much blogging to do, don't I?

o1. Miss Dior (recent parfum or vintage edt/edc)
02. Givenchy Le De (This recent reissued edt is so lovely and subtle, it's easy to overlook. Easy like a Sunday morning, baby.)
03. Dior Eau Fraiche (A Dior-lover's heavenly dry cologne)
04. Diorling (This is the recent edt, which is more of a gorgeous jasmine and tobacco fragrance with an astringent top than it is a leather. Addictive.)
05. Guerlain Vetiver (Refreshing, tonic, palate-cleanser)
06. Vent Vert (vintage edt)
07. Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie
08. Chanel No. 19 (The iris and vetiver edt is essential to me for summer, but the parfum works in summer too, with that beautiful galbanum in the top notes.)
09. Prada Infusion d'Iris (Another iris-vetiver combo for when I feel like a more modern, understated mandarin burst in the topnotes.)
10. Worth Je Reviens Couture
11. 1000 de Patou edt (Anyone else find Luca Turin's description of this as "dowdy" just uncalled-for? This has a self-assured, I-don't-need-to-impress-anybody beauty.)
12. Jasmal by Creed

Image is Rome from Mount Aventine by J.M.W. Turner

6 comments:

Rose said...

great choices... Dior fan by any chance?! Vetiver and 19 are particular favourites of mine all year round but they do bloom in heat.
London is definitely not warm enough for summer yet but we're getting there. My perfumes for super hot weather are Un Jardin Sur le Nil, Sel de Vetiver, Monsieur Balmain (I have never tried vintage vent vert but I like the reformulation which I know is meant to bar very inferior!)

Alyssa said...

My, my haven't *you* been a busy girl. I haven't checked in here for awhile and there are so many great posts! Please see my Niki response below.

LOVE the MKK review. And hey, I hear tickets to Paris are pretty cheap right now. If I could speak French...

Aimée L'Ondée said...

Rose, please tell me about Monsieur Balmain! I've been waffling on buying it unsniffed, since the new stuff in the bright yellow bottle is so cheap! I'm starting to love lemon, and I love sandalwood...I oughta love it, right?

Dior-crazy here! There can never be too much vintage Dior in my perfume collection. No matter how many old Miss Dior bottles I've got stashed away, when I see a good one on ebay I'm always tempted. I'm whackadoodle, as my dear friend Lynn says.

Aimée L'Ondée said...

Alyssa, let's do it! You get the tickets, I'll do the talking. ha ha

About MKK, I just had no idea I could fall for a musk! I even bought AG's Musc Nomade to tide me over until I get my hands on MKK. It's at parfum1 discounted minus another 25%, sooooo, it's too much of a bargain to pass up. Right? right.

Rose said...

Monsieur Balmain, the new stuff, is fabulous- and I don't really like citrus.

It is so lemony it actually cools you down when you smell it. It's zesty, sweet but sharp and sparkling- but the sandalwood gives it a bit of edge and mood in the dry down. Definitely as good on a woman as a man.

Divina said...

Where you at lovely? Your writing has been missed! ((( hugs )))