Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some fall favorites



Leathers...

Chanel Cuir de Russie
A loving embrace and a glimpse of the privileged life. Notes: iris, Birkin bag, expensive lipstick, trust funds.

Lanvin Scandal
A surprising rush of endorphins, hitting like the snap of a whip, brought on by a kiss from a great-smelling, cashmere-sweatered stranger. Notes: floral bouquet, leather whip.

Luscious iris...

Chanel No. 19
Too perfect to be loveable, too haughty to be anything but invincible. Notes: galbanum, iris, vetiver, leather.

Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist
Magical thinking will get you here. Carrots and beanstalks pulled out of the ground turn into fantasy delicacies. Notes: carroty iris, icy iris, bready iris.

Rich green florals...

Malle Editions Une Fleur de Cassie
Lazing in a string hammock smelling the mud, the sea, and the acacia during a monsoon. Notes: acacia, mimosa, jasmine, sandalwood.

Ormonde Jayne Woman
Like handling malachite worry beads: almost too smooth to get a grasp on, but comforting. Or, a cool, spiced, dark green, shadowed forest. Notes: cardamom, coriander, black hemlock, jasmine, woods.

Pure creature comforts...

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue
All the colors of dusk, from dark violet to peacock to midnight blue. Notes: anise, bergamot, Guerlain's magic ochres and Prussian blues.

Jean Deprez Bal à Versailles
Necco candies and sex. Notes: Rose, jasmine, civet, musk.

Shiseido Féminité du Bois
Pulling full-test pure cedarbark pancake syrup in Hansel and Gretel's violet-strewn forest. Notes: cedarwood, violets, undergrowth.

Fendi Theorema
The most delicious mandarin sandalwood cream liqueur in the entire world. Notes: mandarin orange, osmanthus, wood.

6 comments:

Perfumeshrine said...

Wonderfully succinct and laconic descriptions: it's not easy to do!
And your choices are so in tune with mine that an inward smile and a mental list of my own was materialising as I read yours. :-)

ScentScelf said...

Theorema. I think I might want to smell that more than the original Chaos....

...I think...

Beautiful list, this. Sounds--er, smells--like a wonderful fall for you!

Abigail said...

I don't know how I've managed to never smell Shiseido Feminite de Bois, but I haven't. (Puts toward top of list)

Your list sounds/smells lovely!

Unknown said...

I am really going to have to give my teensy Bal a Versailles another go.

And pick up some Necco wafers. :-)

Abigail said...

PS: What is the photo?

It looks like an alien spacecraft crash landed in the woods.

Aimée L'Ondée said...

Ha! I don't even know what it is, and I took that picture. It just reminded me of fall in New England, I suppose. I guess it's an old cistern in the woods in Western Massachusetts.